St. Elizabeth’s History
The church resembles a hall with a low pitched roof above side windows that are set close under the eaves. There is a short chancel with long side windows and a cross in place of an east window. The only other external sign that this is a church is a tiny flèche on the gable. It was built in 1958 and enlarged in 1965.
Numbers attending the church, which serves the Northgate district of Crawley, have varied over the years between 25 and 35 persons. Owing to financial pressures regular Services ceased on Easter Day 2005. Since then the building has been leased to the Louise Ryrie Dancing and Drama School, but weekly on Sundays serves as a Fresh Expression of Church, under the name “New Generation”, and attracts approximately 60 children, and a monthly Service attracts a similar number of adults, too.